Thursday, December 18, 2008

Christmas is on the Way !!!!

Well it's one week til Christmas and I am trying to get all the work done ahead of time. Friends will be dropping in and I want a clean house with goodies to munch on while they are here.
I have to go to town and get a few things to make the treats. First will be a treat that my husband likes a lot, Peanut Butter Fudge (recipe to follow), then some sausage balls, ham biscuits, and of course my Lemon Buttermilk Pound Cake.
Each day I will try to include one of my recipes so that the holiday will be sweet!!!!
And we can not forget the Potato Chip Candy a recipe that my mom gave me years ago.
Have a great day and remember to smile and don't let the turkey's get you down!
See ya soon, Waterwitch
Peanut Butter Fudge
1/3 cup butter softened 1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup light corn syrup 3 1/2 cups confectioners sugar/sifted
3/4 cup peanut butter 3/4 cup chopped nuts/ any kind
1/2 teaspoon salt
Blend butter into corn syrup: stir in peanut butter, salt and vanilla. Mix until creamy. Stir in confection sugar. Turn candy onto pastry board; knead with hands until blended and smooth. Add nuts gradually pressing and kneading into the dough. Press candy into greased 8" square pan. Chill for 1 hour, cut into squares.
Yield 2 pounds

No comments:

Post a Comment